East Texas Personal Injury Attorney Helping Families and Individuals Deal With Serious Injuries and Wrongful Death
For more than 28 years Earl Drott, P.C. has represented individuals and families in Tyler, Longview and the surrounding East Texas area in connection with serious personal injury and wrongful death cases. Earl Drott has been Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law for over 20 years and has personally handled more than 1000 individual cases for his clients. The firm specializes in motorcycle , auto and trucking accident cases but also has extensive experience handling industrial accidents involving construction , the oilfield , and warehouses as well as personal liability cases involving sexual abuse , spousal abuse , dog attacks , and premises liability .
Experienced trial attorneys always get the best settlements for their injury clients. After more than twenty-eight years and thousands of personal injury cases there is virtually nothing that we haven't seen and successfully handled. There is no substitute for experience. If you want the assistance of an experienced Board Certified Personal Injury Attorney in the Tyler / Longview / East Texas area contact us today.
A car wreck is the most likely way that we are to be injured in our daily lives. Some of these accidents are caused by careless, inattentive or negligent drivers. Other collisions occur because reckless drivers are texting, talking on a cell phone or are drunk. Alcohol-related accidents are on the rise. Car wrecks cause a major disruption to the victims’ daily routine. Numerous issues arise regarding property damage, rental car arrangements, car repair, medical expenses, lost wages, health insurance, medical liens, subrogation interests, and obtaining appropriate medical care for accident related injuries. The handling of these issues is beyond the ability of the average person and the system is full of friendly-sounding representatives who are all too willing to take advantage of the auto accident victim. If you have been involved in a car wreck you should visit our Auto Accident page at Tyler Auto Accident Attorney . For examples of auto accident cases that we have successfully handled for our clients visit:
- Auto Accident /Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer
- Drunk /Texting Driver Auto Accident Lawyer
- Tyler Auto Accident Lawyer/Hit and Run Driver
The East Texas highways are filled with tank trucks, 18 wheelers, log trucks, semis, cement mixers, delivery trucks, flatbeds and other commercial vehicles. The size and weight of these trucks makes them extremely dangerous to motorists in passenger cars and light trucks. Wrecks with these big rigs almost always involve serious or life threatening injuries. The insurance companies that insure commercial trucks are very aggressive and heavy handed and the average person is incapable of effectively dealing with them. If you have been involved in a wreck with a truck you should visit our Truck Accident page at Tyler Truck Accident Attorney . To see summaries of truck accident cases that we have successfully handled for our clients visit:
- Log Truck Accident/Automobile Accident Case Handled by Tyler Truck Accident Attorney Earl Drott
- Fatigued 18 Wheeler Driver Case Handled by Tyler 18 Wheeler Accident Attorney Earl Drott
- Fertilizer Truck Collision Case Handled By Tyler Truck Accident Attorney Earl Drott
- Oilfield Tank Truck Accident Case Handled by Tyler Truck Accident Attorney Earl Drott
- Utility Pole Truck/Auto Accident Lawyer
We have handled numerous motorcycle accidents involving catastrophic injuries. Motorcycle accidents often involve spinal injuries, traumatic amputations, brain injuries, and death. The effective handling of these cases requires an attorney who is experienced with major damage cases. If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident you should visit Tyler Motorcycle Accident Attorney . To view the summary profiles of several of our motorcycle accident cases involving disabling injuries visit:
- Illegal U turn In Front Of Motorcycle Handled By Tyler Motorcycle Accident Attorney Earl Drott
- Pulling In Front Of A Motorcycle Case Handled By Tyler Motorcycle Accident Attorney Earl Drott
- Motorcycle /Dump Truck /Construction Accident Case Handled By Tyler Motorcycle Accident Attorney Earl Drott
We have probably tried or handled more dog bite cases than any other law firm in East Texas. If you have been attacked or bitten by a Pit Bull, Rottweiler, Chow, or even a dog of a smaller breed that was acting aggressively you should visit our Dog Bite page at Tyler Dog Bite Attorney or see a summary at Tyler Dog Bite Lawyer of a recent case that we tried to a jury verdict involving a child that was mauled by a vicious dog.
Wrongful Death Damages
A Wrongful Death action accrues when someone is killed as a result of the negligent act or omission of another or as the result of a defect in a product or premises. The parents, spouse and children of the deceased victim have a right to make a claim for wrongful death damages which include damages for the loss of the care, comfort, society, and support of the deceased as well as the mental anguish associated with the loss of a loved one. The estate of the deceased also has a right to make a Survival Claim for the personal injury damages that the deceased suffered prior to death such as the pain and suffering, physical impairment, mental anguish, lost wages, and disfigurement that the deceased suffered as a result of the fatal injuries. If you have suffered the loss of a loved one you should visit our Wrongful Death page at Tyler Wrongful Death Attorney .
Do I need to hire a lawyer to handle my automobile accident claim?
Probably so. There is a presumption in the insurance claims industry that the average person knows little or nothing ...Read more ...
How much is my car wreck claim worth?
It depends on the facts of the case. Some car wreck claims are worth a great deal. I settled one car wreck claim for $6,000,000.00... Read more ...
What does Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law mean?
A lawyer is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law if he has completed all the requirements ... Read more ...
- West Texas Fertilizer Plant Explosion Gives Rise To A Variety of Wrongful Death, Workers Compensation Gross Negligence and Negligence Claims The recent explosion of Adair Grain fertilizer plant in West, Texas, gives rise to a complicated set of legal claims including wrongful death claims, ....
- The Texas Supreme Court In Strickland v. Medlen Denied Recovery Of Wrongful Death Type Damages For The Loss Of A Pet The Texas Supreme Court reversed the Fort Worth Court of Appeals and denied the recovery of the type of intangible damages often recovered in wrongful ....
- The United States Supreme Court In WOS v. E.M.A. Upholds The Ahlborn Principle That Medicaid May Not Recover More Than A Proportional Share Of The Recovery In Personal Injury Cases The U.S. Supreme Court in WOS v. E.M.A. interpreted the Medicaid anti-lien statute set forth at 42 U.S.C. 1396p(a)(1), to limit the amount that ....
- The Texas Supreme Court Changes Texas Rule Of Evidence 902(10)(c) Self Authenticating Medical Expense Affidavit Effective March 1, 2010, the Texas Supreme Court changed the requirements regarding Rule 902 self-authenticating medical expense affidavits. The ....
- The Texas Supreme Court In Certified EMS Inc. v. Pott Held That An Expert Report Regarding The Health Care Provider Was Sufficient As To The Employer The Texas Supreme Court has held that a properly drafted expert report, as required by the Texas Medical Liability Act, asserting the liability of a ....